You can help provide somewhere to call home, for someone who really needs it
“We’ve never had a new home - but we will now”
Graham - resident, Sacred Heart Community
How it works
- On Sacred Heart Mission’s One Heart, One Home Giving Day – Wednesday 12 September - every $1 donated will be quadrupled. When you give $50, Sacred Heart Mission will receive $200. You can donate via
- This is a one day only, all-or-nothing campaign. If the Mission does not reach its target, donations will not be processed.
- On Wednesday, September 12, make a donation to help provide the most vulnerable people in our community somewhere they can call home*.
Remember, every donation – no matter the size – will make a difference.
What Giving Day supports
To meet rising demand, Sacred Heart Mission is undergoing the biggest and most transformational building project in its 36-year history. They are redeveloping their buildings, on the corner of Grey and Robe streets in St Kilda, which will provide accommodation, health and support services to people who are experiencing chronic disadvantage or homelessness.
One Heart, One Home Giving Day – Wednesday, September 12
The One Heart, One Home Giving Day is an emergency response to quickly cover a funding gap for this life-changing building project, ensuring Sacred Heart Mission can provide its residents with the best care and services possible.
The Mission hopes One Heart One Home Giving Day will inspire everyone in the community to give. Your gift will help provide a home and better health and support services to the people the Mission works with.
With your generous donation the Mission will complete the:
- merging of its two existing Aged Care Facilities into one new four-story building- increasing the number of beds to 97
- development of a 14-bed Supported Rooming House
- expansion of its Hands on Health Clinic, delivering allied health services
- expansion of its safe and open-access Women’s House
- new Volunteer Training, Meeting and Administration Hub, with onsite parking.
We are grateful for your generosity and sharing in this vision to create homes for those who really need it in our community
Thank you for your support!
*Should funds raised for One Heart, One Home Giving Day exceed the amount required, funds will be used for our other programs and services.
Stay in touch and connected to all the news and happenings